Agribriefing invests over £500,000 in new initiative to highlight the vital role of women in food & agriculture industry
AgriBriefing, the leading agricultural media and intelligence provider, has today launched a new campaign across dozens of websites, magazines and news outlets to promote the role of women across the agribusiness supply chain. The year-round initiative, which will feature a series of events, reports, surveys, podcasts, articles and adverts, has the support of some of the industry’s leading companies and will culminate in a two-day Summit in Amsterdam in December.
Agribusiness and food production are the world’s largest employers, and across the supply chain there is a huge appetite to address the issue of diversity. Agribusinesses are under increasing pressure from consumers, politicians and their own business partners to ensure they are embracing the technology that will revolutionise the sector and building a workforce that has the skills and innovative mindset to drive efficiency.
Study after study has shown that inclusive workplaces with real diversity across their workforce directly correlate with improved business performance; with an estimated 9 billion mouths to feed by 2050, it is a challenge the industry must step up to, quickly.
Companies that have already committed to the campaign and have senior representatives on the advisory board include ADM, Bayer, Bunge, Cargill, Louis Dreyfus Company, Microsoft, Nestle, Rabobank, Sainsbury’s and Syngenta, as well as expert advisors from the Agribusiness Council of Indiana, LEAF, the Salmon Group, Elpasso Farms and the Institute of Agricultural Engineers (full list of participants below).
AgriBriefing CEO Rory Brown commented “Our industry is experiencing a period of rapid change as international markets mature but, if we’re honest, the agribusiness industry still has a reputation as being largely a male preserve.
Whilst this is changing – and there are many exceptional female leaders across the industry – the pace of change is still way too slow. If our industry cannot make the change and welcome the best talent wherever it lies, then we will all struggle to deliver on the huge challenges the sector is facing.”
On 3-4 December, AgriBriefing will host the first Women in Food & Agriculture Summit in Amsterdam for over 400 executives involved in promoting diversity in and shaping the future of agribusinesses.
The Summit will present an unparalleled combination of the cutting-edge techniques, industry insights and practical strategies used by top European and International leaders to empower their workforce, innovate their businesses and promote agriculture as an employer of choice to the next generation.
“Our mission is to connect the senior voices in the industry and create a community, while providing an irrefutable body of evidence that the international agribusiness sector needs to take action.” said Group Events Director Elisabeth Mork-Eidem.
“We want all professionals in this crucial industry to be able to have those potentially difficult conversations and ensure that both their careers, and their companies reach their maximum potential.
AgriBriefing has a reputation for delivering world-class networking events, and we’re delighted and proud to be extending our portfolio with a Summit that can have such a positive impact on the careers of women and the industry as a whole”.
To read the editorial coverage, nominate women for future interviews or as speakers at the conference, and for further information on the campaign, please visit www.wfasummit.com
Women in Food & Agriculture Advisory Board
- Judith Batchelar, Director of Sainsbury’s Brand, Sainsbury’s Supermarkets
- Brylyne Chitsunge, Pan African Ambassador for Food Security in Africa; CEO, Elpasso Farms
- Amy Cornell, President of Agribusiness Council of Indiana; Vice President, Bose Public Affairs Group
- Caroline Creven Fourrier, Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Syngenta
- Ashlee J. Davis, Global Lead External Affairs, Global Inclusion & Diversity, Cargill
- Caroline Drummond, Chief Executive, LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming)
- Aurelie Giles, Communications Director, EMEAI, Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Mark Lyons, President & CEO, Alltech
- William McClain, Vice President, Bunge
- Anthea McIntyre, MEP, European Parliament
- Anne-Kristine Øen, CEO, Salmon Group
- Elzandi Oosthuizen, Head Regional Marketing ASIA PACIFIC, Bayer Crop Sciences
- Jacqueline Pieters, Global Head Banking for Food Inspiration Center, Rabobank
- Jane Rickson, President, Institution of Agricultural Engineers; Professor of Soil Erosion and Conservation, Cranfield University
- Claudia Rössler, Worldwide Industry Solutions Director for Agriculture, Microsoft
- Sonia Studer, Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Nestle
- Anne Villemoes, Reputation Management Specialist; Formerly VP Group Communications and Corporate Branding, Danish Crown
- Kristen Eshak Weldon, Head of Food Innovation and Downstream, Member of Louis Dreyfus Company’s Executive Group
AgriBriefing is the world’s leading agribusiness media and intelligence company. It’s trusted and established brands meet the compelling need for more transparency and trusted pricing benchmarks in this vital sector, with live price reporting, as well as news, analysis, professional networking events and market data.
Over 500,000 agribusiness professionals across 150 countries rely on our information services to make business decisions worth hundreds of billions of dollars across the entire value chain. www.agribriefing.com
For further information contact
Summit Content Manager
For Sponsorship & Partnership enquiries please contact
Head of Sales & Marketing
+44 (0)7780 474763